in our signature training program for
Product Leaders, Founders & Teams
who want to master Game Thinking
The Game Thinking Certification Masterclass is for leaders & teams who want to validate their ideas 10x faster and build high-retention products.
In this program you’ll:
- Learn the entire Game Thinking system through video courses and weekly group coaching meetings
- Apply Game Thinking to your project using our step by step templates, and make massive process.
- Run 3 Game Thinking sprints: Discover your Superfans, Design your Mastery Path & Validate your Product Journey.
Trusted by Global Brands
Hundreds of companies around the world in entertainment, finance, health, and education, achieve breakthrough innovations with Game Thinking.
Super-charge your product discovery and journey design with a system trusted by game studios startups & global brands
Beyond Design Thinking & Lean/Agile
If you’re familiar with Design Thinking, Lean/Agile and Gamification, you’re in good company. Game Thinking is built on the principles of Design Thinking and Agile/Lean design, plus cutting edge methods from game design and systems thinking.
HOW GAME THINKING GOES FURTHER THAN OTHER METHODS
- Save months of time by leveraging your early adopter Superfans
- Create long-term retention by building a Mastery Path and Learning Loop
- Test your product experience early, before you have built a thing, by using concept scenarios
Get Reliably Better Innovation Outcomes
“Our clients saw engagement rise from 20% to 60%.”
Certified Game Thinking Coach, MALAYSIA
“We found our ideal customers & accelerated development”
Certified Game Thinking Coach, INDIA
“I learned a step-by-step process that helps my clients get better outcomes”
Certified Game Thinking Coach, FRANCE
What Graduates Are Saying
What You’ll Learn
Sprint 1: Superfan Discovery
Clarify Product Strategy & Gather Customer Insights
- Clarify your product/market strategy & risky assumptions
- Identify who NEEDS what you offer – and who doesn’t
- Discover the habits and motivations of your best customers
- Synthesize those insights into Job Stories that capture customers’ intrinsic motivation and existing habits
Sprint 2: Journey Design
Design Long-Term Engagement From the Ground Up
- Visualize how customers will use your product over time using a four-stage Mastery Path model
- Analyze your competition with Mastery Path Teardowns
- Use customer insights to create a sticky re-engagement loop
- Drive retention with Progression Design & Social Mechanics
Sprint 3: Journey Validation
Test Your Customer Journey with Lo-Fi Experiments
- Visualize your 30-day experience with research-informed Concept Storyboards
- Test your concept with vetted early customers to get actionable insights on your core product experience
- Validate your assumptions, update your designs and outline next steps in a Product Brief
How You’ll Learn
Live trainings with Amy Jo Kim & guests
Get your questions answered & hear real-time case studies during our live coaching calls. We post recordings in your Members area.
Opportunities to observe expert coaching in action
You can observe our private Coaching meetings with entrepreneurs and business owners, and jump in with feedback when you’re ready.
Monthly LIVE AMA with VIP experts
We bring in a world-class expert in game design, Lean UX, product management and other topics. monthly. You get a front-row seat.
Step-by-step courses with interactive templates
Advanced courses add to your knowledge
You get access to our Game Thinking Innovation Sprint signature system, plus Cooperative Design & Product Teardown mini-courses.
Step-by-step templates streamline your work
Our proprietary Game Thinking templates take the guesswork out of building your MVP by showing you what to do, and how to do it. These templates will help you make smarter design decisions.
Sample Workshop Agendas kickstart your results
We make it easy for you to create your Game Thinking Workshop by giving you sample Game Thinking workshop agendas to customize.
Curated Peer Community with VIP Guests
Peer feedback amplifies your progress
In every coaching meeting, you get the opportunity to learn from your peers.You’ll continue those connections in our private community filled with people like you, eager to learn and happy to share their knowledge and experience
VIP Experts expand your horizons
We host monthly meetings with a VIP Guest Expert that expose you to world-class designers & leaders — and give you the opportunity to get their feedback on your work.
Meaningful progress on your current project(s)
To complete your Certification, you apply Game Thinking to a personal project and share your results. Your final presentation will include:
- A Game Thinking teardown of your nearest competitor
- Hot-core Superfan Insights and how you gathered them
- Customer Journey paired with a coherent mental model
- Game Thinking Agenda for your first planned workshop
Join a growing international community
Game Thinking Certified professionals are a diverse, high-powered group from Europe, Africa, Southeast Asia, South America, and across the USA. In this exclusive community you get access to ongoing meetups, events & partnership opportunities.
- 6 months of interactive training in your time zone
- 6 additional months of support & community access
- Weekly hot-seat coaching solves your design problems
- Easy-to-follow videos you can watch at your convenience
- Step-by-step templates guide you through the activities
- Supportive community to help you learn & iterate
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When does the Spring 2022 cohort launch?
Our Spring Masterclass cohort kicks off April 5 2022
When do Spring 2022 Applications close?
Applications close April 1, 2022 at midnight PST
What is the time commitment?
To participate, you need 2-3 hours a week to attend LIVE meetings, watch pre-recorded lessons, and fill out templates.
When do meetings happen?
Our LIVE class meeting happens on Thursdays at 9am PST. We setup “satellite” meetings for students in different time zones.
What if I get busy and need to miss a week or two?
This program is designed to accommodate vacations, crunch time, and other realities of being a working professional. It’s easy to get caught up – and we can extend your course membership to accommodate your schedule.
What are the LIVE coaching meetings like?
In our weekly coaching meetings, we answer questions & review work-in-progress from everyone in the course. You can get your own work reviewed – and participate in dynamic feedback sessions on other people’s work too.
What if I can’t make it to a LIVE meeting?
All the weekly calls are recorded and published online – so you can download and listen to them on your own schedule.
Can I share the course with other members of my team?
Your seat is for you ONLY, Happily, you can register your team for the course – just APPLY & tell us about your situation.
Game Thinking sounds great, but I’m building an app/platform/enterprise system. Is this only for games?
Game Thinking will improve any product experience that can be built around learning, mastery and empowerment. It works for games – and ALSO for products, apps, blogs, marketplaces, and events where the goal is long-term engagement.
This reminds me of Gamification – but I’m not hearing a lot about game mechanics. What’s the difference?
Gamification opens the door and gets people interested in the power of games. Game Thinking is the next step. You’ll learn how to bring your ideas to life like a game designer, and create Learning Loops that empower your players
This course covers a LOT of material. How can I do it all?
You’re right – it IS a lot of material. We’ve broken it into manageable chunks, organized around activities with step-by-step instructions that move your project forward. You’ll get short-term gains from this material – AND long-term skill-building as you use these techniques on future projects.
What if I don’t have the time I need, or the right skills?
This program is not for everyone – it’s for those who are passionate about running smarter product experiments and getting amazing client outcomes. Skill-wise, you don’t need to be a trained researcher or designer; you DO need to be willing to follow directions and learn how to iterate towards success.
What is the cost? Will my employer cover it?
For individuals, the cost is $5K USD. We have 2 team options: small (up to 6) for $10K or large (up to 12) for $15K
The course will enhance your product design and management skills & everyone on your team will benefit from the techniques you bring back to the company. If your company has a training budget, this should be covered. LEARN MORE
What do I get as a result of being Certified?
Once Certified, you get a Certificate of Mastery to display on your LinkedIn profile – and you’ll be included and promoted in the Certified Professionals directory
You also get a 1-year license to use the Game Thinking tools and templates in your work – plus the opportunity to earn $$$ by promoting and running your own Game Thinking programs. Most importantly, you’ll be connected to a worldwide community of professionals who can help you solve problems and keep learning.